The award for Digital Development Team of the Year recognised the extraordinary tech expertise and teamwork that underpins the creativity of our Agile software factory that constantly refreshes and renews its approach to technology to provide our customers with a flexible and agile solution capable of integration into their operating model. The team embrace best practice and modern paradigms of software, which encompass
• Cloud delivered SaaS solutions that simplify the life of our customers;
• Upgrading our platform architecture to be micro service enabled;
• Providing a rich and deep Application Programming Interface (API) layer to allow system to system
• Supporting fully automated CI/CD (continuous integration and deployment) so our solution can be
deployed every day to multiple environment.
• Build acceptance criteria-based user stories;
• Our deep commitment to quality which has resulted in the development of over 100K automated
tests which run after each software update;
• formal Agile ceremonies including cleansing, sizing, scrum of scrums and retrospectives;
• whilst also scaling up to double our Agile / Scrum teams, architects, designers and analysts.
As a result of our investment in Platinum~Pro (an API first build that conforms to the Open API Standard), iFreedom and our development infrastructure, our exciting roadmap of digital enhancements and technology innovation to our Platinum~Pro platform underlines our continuing commitment to support and transform the UK retirement savings industry.
In addition, two of our team members were individually nominated for awards with Alison Stocker winning the West Midlands Woman in Tech award.
The awards, run by BirminghamLive, and its sister website CoventryLive, celebrate the best technology and digital companies across the West Midlands, recognising the people, businesses and organisations who are using digital innovation to drive positive change for the regional economy and its people.
This latest accolade, which acknowledges our great teamwork and sector expertise, is all the more rewarding because it additionally acknowledges our roots here in the West Midlands – a thriving hub of FinTech excellence.