Click on the icon to find out more about our Board Members
Welcome to the Delta Financial Systems media centre
We offer a comprehensive service to the media. If you are a journalist with a media enquiry you can contact Claire Court, Business Development Director on 0845 6800 142 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or Redleaf Communications on 020 7382 4760 or email@example.com.
Here, you can access a range of information about Delta Financial Systems.
Within the Delta ‘Media Centre’ you can download high resolution photographs, facts on our business, biographies of our directors and view our latest features/ articles as well as accessing a range of other information.
Delta Financial Systems was founded in 1995 by Michael Power and Brian Hurl in response to a specific market need.
Small Self-Administered Schemes (SSASs) first launched in the UK in 1979, and Self Invested Personal Pensions (SIPPs) subsequently launched in 1990. These pension “wrappers” gave investors far more control over how and where their pensions were invested, and broadened the range of assets that investors could access.
By their intrinsic nature, these pension wrappers presented pension providers with significant challenges in administering, reporting and complying with applicable law.
Delta was launched to address this issue by producing software which simplified, streamlined and improved pension administration and reporting. Delta also identified the importance of providing expert support staff to manage the complex administration associated with SSASs and SIPPs.
Over the past 20 years, Delta has successfully completed over 100 implementations of its software.
Over recent years, pension freedoms (new regulation) introduced on 6 April 2015 have transformed the retirement and lifetime savings market. Scheme members are increasingly using drawdown, and new schemes such as the Lifetime ISA are launching. In 2017 the lifetime saving market has become broader, holistic and more challenging to administer.
In response to this, Delta is bringing its expertise, built in SIPPs and SSASs, to the wider lifetime savings market. In 2015, it launched its Platinum~Pro technology platform, an intuitive platform which meets the complex needs of modern retirement market providers, and which has been well received by new and existing users.
Delta Financial Systems Quick Facts
• Delta Financial Systems was founded in 1995 and started trading in February 1996.
• Delta have over 73 successful implementations of its SIPP-Pro and SSAS Pro software
• Delta Financial Services has 42 permanent employees and 10-15 contractors
• Delta has three offices in the UK; Birmingham, Nuneaton and London.
• Over half the SSAS schemes in the UK are administered using Delta solutions.
• Delta’s solutions are used for the administration of 175,000 members in the UK and has over £34 billion assets under administration.
• The business has grown at an average annual growth rate of 11.4% over the past 10 years.
• 1995 Delta formed by Michael Power & Brian Hurl
• 1996 SSAS~Pro Released
• 1998 20th Implementation of SSAS~Pro
• 1999 SIPP~Pro Released
• 2003 20th Implementation of SIPP~Pro
• 2006 A-Day ready versions of both solutions released on time to all users
• 2007 Achieve Microsoft Certified Partner Status
• 2008 Released DMM & Report Pro, Delta’s SQL-based reporting tools
• 2008 Delta joins AMPS
• 2009 SIPP ~Pro version release to accommodates protected rights
• 2009 50th Implementation of SIPP~Pro
• 2010 Achieve Microsoft Silver Status (Replaced Certified Partner)
• 2010 Released Workplace ISA application
• 2011 Released functionality to submit data direct to Government Gateway
• 2011 100th Implementation of SIPP~Pro and SSAS~Pro
• 2012 Released Virtual Banking Module and Workplace Savings application
• 2012 Awarded Microsoft Apprentice Employer of the Year award
• 2013 Release of Real Time Information for Payroll functionality
• 2015 Achieve Microsoft Gold Status (Replaced Silver Status)
• 2015 Release of the Platinum~Pro Technology Platform
• 2016 Awarded Microsoft Apprentice Employer of the Year award
• 2016 Winner of Best SME people management initiative CIPD People Management Awards
• 2016 Celebrated 20 years of providing transformational technology to the lifetime savings market